Goldilocks Marketing is a full service marketing and website design agency based in Somerset. We craft beautiful, user-friendly websites that deliver successful search engine optimisation (SEO) results whilst being great for humans too. We specialise in custom website design and development of sites that are responsive for desktops, tablets and mobile, and we ensure our website builds are search engine and user friendly.
Website design, development & more
Your website design is key to your brand identity, reputation and customer perception. Whether you are a new business needing your first website, or an existing business who has outgrown your current website, we take the time to understand your business, your aims and your audience, and create a website strategy to fulfil your objectives.
As a marketing agency, we pride ourselves on our strong communication skills, and we believe this is why many of our clients engage with us for other marketing projects once their website design and build is complete.
Speak directly to the website designer
We’re small, personal agency. When we design your website, you will speak directly to the website designer. This means no miscommunication and no misinterpretation. You will get the website you want and need without the middle-person.
Responsive website design
This means your website design needs to look great and work perfectly whatever screen it’s being displayed on – from smartphones to TV screens. Having a responsive website design that works on tiny and massive screens isn’t all though… It’s also essential to give all users a great experience – encouraging customer engagement, lowering bounce rates and ultimately increasing your conversion rate.
Every website development project we do is unique. Once we’ve understood your objectives and created a website design to meet those needs, we build websites that work for you, your customers and for search engines.
We can take care of everything website related, from domain name registration to hosting. And for existing website owners, we can liaise with your current website designer to ensure a smooth transition.
We build websites our clients can update themselves via a content management system (CMS). This means no more waiting around for your website designer to upload your content… Although, if you do need us, we’re here to help.
We’re experienced in using the major Opensource CMS platforms, including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, as well as less well-known frameworks and building our own custom CMSs.
Brochure website design
From initial design and logo development through to content management systems or providing regular updates for you, we help start-ups get noticed online. From websites of three pages through to full scale eCommerce websites, no project is too big or too small!
ECommerce website design
Ready to sell more online? The UK spends over £500 million a week online. If you’re ready to take the plunge and sell online, we can build you a user and search engine friendly eCommerce website designed to make doing business online as easy as possible for you and your customers.
Website design and development blogs
- Our Favourite Free WordPress Plugins - With the plethora of WordPress plugins available, it’s often tricky to decide which one to use for what. Here’s our list of go-to free WordPress plugins: Useful WordPress Plugins for contact forms Contact Form 7, Takayuki Miyoshi ReCapture, Google Free WordPress Plugins for layout Max mega menu, Tom Hemsley Meta Slider, Matcha Labs SEO WordPress Plugin Yoast SEO, Yoast...
- How to measure and increase website conversion rates - For most businesses and individuals, the purpose of having a website is to get your potential customers to DO something. Whether that’s to buy your product, enquire about your service or simply to raise awareness, every website owner has the objective to convert the visitor. The conversion rate of a website measures this objective. For...
- Woocommerce WordPress Tutorial – How to add products, edit products & create variable products - Woocommerce WordPress Tutorial A tutorial for the WordPress ecommerce plugin Woocommerce from http://goldilocksmarketing.co.uk. How to add simple products, how to add variable products and how to change your shipping class. This how to video, by Becca from UK-based Goldilocks Marketing, uses a demo website to give you a practical overview of how to add and...
- You can now exclude known bots from your Google Analytics reports - Google has announced a new feature within analytics that lets you filter out known bots and spiders from your website traffic results. Hooray! Bots and spiders are automated programmes that scan websites – this includes search engine’s own bots checking out your website for new articles etc, as well as the malicious ones who might visit for...
- WordPress Tutorial: How to Edit a Website in WordPress (video) - WordPress Tutorial: How to Edit a Website in WordPress This WordPress tutorial is a beginner’s guide to editing and adding pages and posts in WordPress from Becca at Goldilocks Marketing… Using WordPress to edit your website is very straightforward and this guide shows you how in seven minutes. This how to video uses a demo website...
- 11 Essential Ingredients Every Blog Post Needs - If you write your company blog but you’re not managing to engage your audience, use this infographic by Copy Blogger as your new checklist before publishing: Highlights: Craft a magnetic headline. Open with a bang. Use persuasive words. Write damn good sentences. Insert killer bullet points. Create exquisite subheads. Tell a seductive story. Keep attention...
- What Your Small Business Needs To Know About Pay Per Click Advertising - This infographic from Design Infographics is a nice little starter guide to using pay-per-click (PPC) advertising as part of your digital marketing mix: INFOGRAPHICS DETAILS: WHAT YOUR SMALL BUSINESS NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT PAY PER CLICK ADVERTISING – Driving traffic to your website is a crucial part of increasing brand awareness and maximizing your business’s sales....